I found out yesterday at church that I will be released from my calling as Young Women's President next week. I have, for the last 4 years, been in the Young Women's program in one position or another. I have gone from an advisor, to a counselor to a secretary and finally to the President. I have enjoyed the girls in our ward so much. We have all grown and learned together. My testimony has grown and hopefully theirs has too. I have been so blessed to have wonderful women serving with me in my presidency. I always knew that I could count on them to take care of things. What amazing people they are and strong friendships have grown. I Love them all and will miss serving with them. The one request that I made to our Bishopric was that they NOT put me in the Relief Society. I'm not quite ready for that. They all laughed at me. I told them it wasn't funny and that I wasn't kidding. I will miss my Young Women's calling but it must be time for me to move on to something else. It is that something else that scares me. I guess we shall see what the Lord has in store for me next. Good luck to the next Presidency that is called. The girls are wonderful and I hope they all know how much I love them.
Charlie has Arrived
14 years ago



4 comments:
I miss the Young Women's Program! Best of luck on your new adventures and I'm sure the girls will miss you so much!
Amy, I have had the best time serving with you! We have had our fair share of ups and downs with the girls, but lucky for us they were mainly up! I feel so blessed to have you as a friend, and I feel even more blessed that I know that it will continue for a LONG time! I am sure whatever the Lord has in store for you, you will rise to the challenge! ALways know that you have my love and support in ALL you do!
I was released a few weeks ago as the YW Secretary....it nearly broke my heart! I LOVED serving in the Young Women's program! But as you said, it must be time to learn and grow somewhere else!
Stacey gave me your message, I am sorry that it would not let you post, I am new at the whole blog thing so I have no idea what to do. It is nice knowing that your family has a blog.
Post a Comment