Monday, March 9, 2009

A little too much help

The other day, Harlee, Iken and I were the only ones home. Steven and Olivia had gone to pick up Tamzen from school. I was in the kitchen cleaning up a little when Ike started fussing in the bedroom. I finished what I was doing in the kitchen and then headed for my bedroom to see to the baby. Apparently I didn't come fast enough because as I came around the corner out of the kitchen, there was Harlee half way down the hall with the baby in her arms. She was holding him very carefully under the arms. She had climbed up on the rocking chair that sits next to the bed and lifted him out. It is just a small bassinett sized crib. It scared me to death which made Harlee upset because she could tell that I was upset. I took the baby from her arms and went to the bedroom and sat down with him. I told Harlee to come in there so I could talk to her. She was a little hesitant to come thinking she was in trouble for getting Ike out of the bed all by herself. I finally got her to come in and sit with me so I could talk with her. I explained to her that she couldn't do that by herself any more...although I'm not sure how much actually sank in...she is only two. I have no idea how she managed to get him out without dropping him or falling and hurting him. When I came out of the kitchen and saw her, she looked at me and said "He's crying.." With a look on her face like I had abandoned him and left him crying for hours.

7 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

That would be scarey but its kinda cute what she said to you. Hope everything is going well!

Sher said...

How sweet that she wanted to hep. You're a better mom than I, I probably would have freaked out!

JustUs said...

AAAHHH! WOW! You had to of known that was going to happen sometime...but it still catches you off guard and takes your breath away! Harlee Girl!

Janeece said...

Bailee did that with Camron too...it makes your heart stop! What a great big sis though! I'm sure that you have more help than you ever dreamed of!

Kendra said...

Oh, the joys of the older sibling. Have you ever read the Judy Blume book (I think it's Superfudge) where the brother actually HIDES the baby?

Scott and Krista said...

I would die if Kenedy tried that! So scary!

Amanda said...

What a great helper, what would we do without them!!