We have had the chickens for about two months now. They only stay cute little chicks for a week or so before they really start growing their feathers and wings and such in. They actually look like chickens now. We didn't keep them at the house for very long. They started getting too big for the box we had them in and would try to escape everytime we lifted the lid. So, we moved them in to a small dog crate for a week or so because they were still too small to be outside and in the chicken coop. Everytime I would open the door to try and feed or water them, one of them would try to escape. They succeeded a couple of times. Once I opened the door to give them some water and before I knew it, one had done a suicide dive and ran right off the edge of the desk we had the crate sitting on top of. Had to keep the dog back so he didn't have a snack... Now they are living it up in the coop at Kurt and Kortney's house. We go over quite often and take left overs or food of some kind for them to eat. They also get Kurt and Kortney's left overs so that is nice. The kids enjoy going over and feeding them and checking on them. Harlee still wants to hold one every time but they are much too big and fast now. It looks as though out of the four we purchased we have ended up with three hens and one rooster. He is already making noise and trying to make himself known. Can't wait for the eggs to start coming...
Charlie has Arrived
14 years ago



5 comments:
I love the new pictures of your kids they are so cute!
I love fresh eggs! What a great idea, and not to mention... they still are quite cute!
How fun, I hope they produce well for you! Alyssa and I stopped by Ace, yesterday and saw some baby ducks, too cute!!!
That is so awesome! Raising chickens and having fresh eggs, I think I'm jealous :)
I do have room in my swimming classes. hopefully this weekend i'll get everything put together and can start calling people next week. have your girls ever taken before? i'll be starting them in june.
Post a Comment