Thursday, January 1, 2009

* PoTtY TrAiNiNg *

A week before Christmas Steven decided it was time for Harlee to be done wearing diapers. It was quite interesting for the first couple of days. Steven was ready to turn back but he stuck it out and at the end of the first week she was going through the day with only a couple of accidents and even sleeping through naps. One night as I was getting her ready for bed and preparing to put a diaper on her for the night, she got pretty upset and demanded that she wear her big girl panties to bed. She refused to let me put the diaper on her. So, that was the end of that. She hasn't worn a diaper since. And, (knock on wood) no accidents at night either. At first she just thought it was a game to sit on the potty but she quickly figured it all out. With the help of a sticker chart on the bathroom door and some 'special candy' (Reese's Miniatures) that daddy bought her. Every time she used the potty she got a sticker on her chart and one of her special candies. Only problem now is that the poor girl can't keep her pants up for anything with no diaper to help. Oh well, if I can have a break from the diapers for a couple of months I will deal with her little bum showing every now and then.

Miss Harlee on her throne with her royal robe (blankie)


1 comment:

Sher said...

Yea! That's such a relief I bet. I'm not looking forward to potty training Alyssa - she's a stubborn little chick!