We have had a pretty CrAzY week this week at the Tobler house. There has been a lot going on...
*Doctor appointment*
I had a doctor appointment on Monday afternoon. Only 5 more weeks to go...the countdown is on. Two weeks ago when we went to the doctor we informed him that I would rather not have to go all the way to 40 weeks because we don't want this baby to be 8 big pounds. Tamzen was 40 weeks and just over 8 pounds, Olivia was about a week early and came in at 7 pounds 6 ounces and Harlee was about 2 weeks early weighing in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces. So, if this baby goes all the way he will likely be over 8 pounds. Dr said that the hospital won't allow an induction until you are at least 39 weeks. So, Monday the doctor said that when I get to 37 weeks, we will discuss scheduling a date for induction. I am wishing more and more every day that it was done. I haven't been able to sleep in my bed for about a month now and my feet and ankles are beginning to be swollen at ALL times. My next appointment is on Tuesday next week.
*Surgery*
On Wednesday Harlee had an operation on her eyes to re-allign them and hopefully eliminate the need for her little glasses. She was SO brave. She did really good and the surgery went very well. We had to leave bright and early (5:45 AM) that morning so she arrived in her pajamas at the hospital. At first she didn't want anything to do with changing into the little hospital gown they had for her but we convinced her to put it on. Then we waited for the doctors to come and get her for the procedure. They came in and put her little hospital band with her name and info on it on her little ankle. She was not pleased with that to say the least, she cried for a bit and wanted it off. The nurse brought her a coloring book and some crayons which kept her pretty occupied until it was time to go. The doctors came in, talked to us for a couple of minutes and then wheeled her away on the bed for the surgery. She never made a sound and they headed down the hall and Mom and Dad stayed in the other room. Such a brave little girl... The surgery took just over an hour and then we waited for her to wake up enough to keep some fluids down and we were released and headed home. She was in and out of it most of the rest of the day until the drugs wore off at about 8:00 she was up and ready to play... The next day she was completely back to normal. She goes back on Wednesday next week for a follow up with her eye doctor.
*Congrats Mom...Welcome to the family Rex*
On Thursday night my Mom and Rex Haueter were married in the St. George Temple. They both attempted to keep it all very hush hush but if you know Mesquite you know that could never happen. As soon as people started hearing about it, their phones were ringing off the hook. It was a very nice ceremony for time only performed by Patriarch Roger Bunker. Afterwards we headed to Rex's daughters house for some cake and visiting. Rex has 7 children also so both sides of the family more than doubled in size with spouses and grandchildren. We are so happy for Mom. Rex makes her happy and we look forward to getting to know him better. And, of course, I completely forgot to take my camera with me so Sally is the only one that got pictures outside of the temple. I will post a couple if I can get her over here to borrow her camera.



10 comments:
lots of events! good luck on the last phase of your pregnancy... hope your little girls' recovery is quick! and congrats to your mom and to all of you! best of wishes.
Thank you for the update. I have been missing your blog. Harley is a brave (and cute) little girl. My sisters had to have eye surgeries and they were so scary for me. I hope you a fast delivery (not like Lindsy). Congrats to your mom and I'm glad we got to meet him at the Christmas dinner.
What a brave little girl ~ be sure to let us know how it works out!
I was induced and I loved it! It was so nice to know when I would be having the baby and not having to deal with the drive to the hospital. Good luck! :)
All fun things to post about! I don't know how you do it. My first kid isn't even here yet and I feel like I can't keep up with myself, let alone my husband and two dogs! And here you are at the tail end of your pregnancy just go go go all the time. Can you bottle up some of your energy and stamina? I'll pay whatever it takes. :o)
Busy family! Are you still YW pres? Harley is so brave, and so are her parents. Good luck with everything!
Oh it's so sad when they are under anasthesia. I had to hold Riley after he got his tubes. THey are so limp and helpless. I hope that this fixes her little eyes. Tell your mom congratulations for me. Good luck with the last 5 weeks of your pregnancy and enjoy your little boy!!
I saw Harley today in nursery and wondered why here eye was red. Hope all goes well from here on out!
Wow you weren't kidding! Good luck with the induction and I hope the follow up with Harlee is great! Congrats to your Mom, I'm glad she's happy!
Wow, so much going on...congrats on the baby due and I didn't realize this will be your 4th child...that so kooool! :D...since we don't live close it's hard to keep up with everyone we know...let alone in our lives...Pray that Harlee is doing well and her recovery has been good! and Tamra called and said mom, you heard about Tammy? Tammy who? I know several...Greta's mom...yeah mom...what's up with her? She got married...oh WOW...congrats...I'm glad to hear your mom and Rex are happ:D and it took Tim a lit'l bit to remember who Rex was...he said Rex is a great guy!...
Well, I'm hoping you've had your baby? That would be awesome!! Harley looks like she was really brave through that-I'm scared for her. So cute!! Good luck with the baby.
Post a Comment