...Warning... picture overload ( and sorry, they loaded all out of order)
I spent Wednesday through Saturday last week on Kolob in Utah for Stake Girls Camp. I am the Young Women's president in our ward. We had 9 girls and 4 leaders from our ward that went. We all had a good time. The weather was nice and we even got a little bit of rain on thursday. The girls (and most of the leaders) got to enjoy so many fun things while at camp including a HUGE water slide, zipline, archery and gun shooting. Here are some of the pictures that I got while there. I didn't participate in a lot of the fun activities so I was sort of dubbed the media crew for our group and I took most of the pictures of the different activities.
(see our YW blog for video footage)
Rachel taking her turn on the zip line.
Nancy
Our ward and our sister ward Mesquite 2nd, building human pyramids (while singing I am a Child of God) to win our flag back which was stolen at about 5:30 in the morning. The girls were good sports when it came to getting the flag back. As soon as we made it back to camp, they wanted to go scouting for flags to steal.
The Stake crew doing some belly dancing to win their flag back.
Abbie just after her turn down the zip line.
Rachel, waiting her turn... Are you scared Rachel???
Abbie, Maddison and Megan
(also see YW blog for more video. It will hopefully be loaded up there soon.)
Amanda on her way back to the top of the slide for another go at it.
Sister Hillius on her way down the slide.
Nancy in her costume for our skits in a bag. Each ward was given a bag with random items in it and were required to come up with a short skit using all items in the bag and all members of their camp.
Megan, Amanda and Nancy
Maddison in her skit clothes.
Waiting to hit the water slide
More water sliding.



4 comments:
Looks like a blast! Wil was bummed he couldn't be up there longer.
Young Women's President? Wow! What a job! Looks like a a great time. However, it's always nice to be back to hot showers.
Looks like you guys had lots of fun!! It makes me miss girls camp, although i don't think I am ready to be the young womens president! I bet your great at it!
I was just called into young womens. I'm the 1st counselor and I was sooo nervous at first because I have only been in primary for my whole life, but after my first activity I know I am going to love it! but I can't imagine being Pres. at such a young age! you are awesome!
Post a Comment