Tuesday, May 13, 2008

LoSt GlAsSeS

Harlee has a VERY bad habbit of taking off her glasses and just dropping them on the floor where she is. Today, Steven, Harlee and Olivia took a trip to the dog park with Cosmo. They parked and walked the short distance to the gate into the fenced area for dogs to play. Some where between the time that they got out of the truck and actually got to the gate, Harlee had ditched her glasses. Steven walked the trail from the truck to the gate five times and wasn't able to find them. He texted me at work and said that he had given up and gone home because Harlee was in need of a nap. I said I would take my lunch break early and head to the park to search some more. I too walked the trail several times. I was getting discouraged and upset. Harlee's next eye appointment isn't for another three weeks. We will find out at that appointment if surgery is needed to finish correcting the eye. It wouldn't do her any good to stop wearing them all together now and it wouldn't make much sense for us to spend the money on another pair if she wasn't going to need them. So, after several walks on the path that they took, I quietly said a prayer and asked my Heavenly Father to please help me to be in tune with the Spirit and please help me to find Harlee's little glasses. I took one last sweep of the path, my eyes scanning the ground in search of the glasses. I got to the gate and still nothing. As I stood in the grass, still looking at the ground and about to head back to the car in defeat, there sat those tiny glasses. Just a few feet away from the gate and only inches off of the sidewalk. Steven and I both probably nearly stepped on them several times as we searched. I immediately said a quiet thank you to my Father in Heaven for helping me to find the glasses. It is truly amazing how the Lord works and I thank Him everyday for His hand in my life.

4 comments:

Scott and Krista said...

I'm so glad you found them! the power of prayer is amazing! Oh and yes I guess Scott forgot to tell you when he was down there. Number 4 is due December 6th.

The land of Vegas said...

My kids always come up with prayer as the answer and I'm always amazed at how it works everytime and their faith. I'm glad Heavenly Father is always watching out for us. Someone needs to.

The land of Vegas said...

I thought I had your e-mail but I don't sorry. I got the background from www.pyzam.com

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

I Husband tag you! You're supposed to copy the questions from my post and put in your own answers. Its pretty fun- then tag some more people!