Thursday, September 17, 2009

**StUfF**

I started this post a few days ago and wasn't able to get the pictures to download so I didn't finish it. Now, it is 6:00 in the morning and no one else in the house is awake yet. I don't want to and don't have time to mess with the camera and the pictures (the kids have to get up soon..) but I do want to get this post done. It will just be without pictures this time. I will post pictures to go along with it at another time.

Lots has happened since the last post. We have been busy every minute.
**Tamzen and Olivia started school last month. Olivia is in Kindergarten and Tamzen started 2nd grade. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. There were no tears shed by Miss Olivia as I dropped her off at her new classroom. She gave me a kiss and a hug, we said good-bye and off she went. I was so proud of her. Tamzen ditched us for her classroom as we headed toward Olivia's. She didn't care that she wouldn't get walked to her classroom. She was so ready for school to get back in session. She was bored with summer about 2 hours after school got out!!
**Harlee started preschool at the first of this month. It is still a little new for her and she gets nervous before class sometimes but she enjoys it and I hope it is good for her. She has an amazing teacher that takes her right in and gets her involved in things so she can forget that she is a little scared. I hope Janeece doesn't want to gag her and lock her in a closet some where by the time the class is over. She can be quite the handful most of the time.
**Iken is CrAwLiNg every where. And, standing up to EvErYtHiNg!! I have already had to drop his bed to the lowest level because he insists on standing up in it. He learned how to sit himself up and crawl in a matter of about 2 weeks and the pulling himself up thing has been going on for a little over a week. His sisters are learning that things like books and homework can't be left on the floor or they will be eaten. Everything goes in his mouth. He still doesn't have any teeth yet but I am sure they are on their way...
**The chickens are finally producing EgGs!!! They have been laying for probably about three weeks now. Right now we are getting about 2 eggs a day. It is nice to think that I won't have to buy eggs from the store any more. Well, at least not quite as many.
**I have been doing a lot of baking and cooking of new things lately. Being self reliant is becoming a passion of mine. I have learned how to make jam and I am slowly figuring out the process of making bread. We bought some wheat flour last week. On Sunday we had whole wheat waffles and then I also made some wheat bread. We have made quite a few batches of both peach and strawberry jam. My mom just gave me a bunch of peaches on Sunday so there are a couple more batches coming. I have enjoyed learning and trying new things and hopefully this desire stays with me so that I can learn more.

2 comments:

Janeece said...

I would never gag Harlee...she does fine..really! I love all your newfound cooking things...feel free to send them down the street anytime!

Sher said...

That's awesome, all the new things you're trying out with cooking. Steph gave me some Peach jam you helped her make. Yummy!